- Taking our vows
- you can see my cousin in the background.
- We were repeating the priests words promising to be each others mate through the journey of life.
- Fire is the witness in a Hindu marriage.
- Before the vows can be taken, the first must be started.
- The bride and groom start the fire together along with the parents.
- Here Raviís parents can be seen adding stuff to the flames. And my dadís hand!
- We are at the end of the wedding ceremony
- The bride and groom are tied together - his red sash with the end of my sari
- 4 circles of the fire - 3 with the bride first for the mental, physical and emotional aspects, and the man for the fourth and spiritual aspect.